RE: [Commited] Extend BFD hash size table

Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,

    Hi Nick, (happy new year and all that!),

>   I am applying the patch below to extend the hash_size_primes table
>   in bfd/hash.c, especially at the lower end.  This will allow for
>   finer control over the size of the hash tables used by the BFD
>   library.

  Do you happen to have any testcase handy that could be used to investigate
the performance of the bfd hashing algorithm?

[Translation: the existing hashing function appears to be, at first glance,
fairly poorly designed; if we had a better hashing function, we wouldn't need
prime table sizes and could just use power-of-2 tables and replace all those
modulo operations with bitwise ANDs.]

    cheers,
      DaveK