Re: [RFA/hpux] Implement file_matches_executable_p

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 01:00:34PM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > Silly question but... there's nothing HP/UX specific in this.  It just
> > uses bfd_core_file_failing_command.  Why can't this be a generic
> > implementation?
>
> No specific reason indeed. So you are suggesting that I write a generic
> function, and then call this function from the hpux-core function?

Yes; more generally (a) you can define the relevant method directly to
the generic function, no need to wrap it, and (b) might as well call it
from every currently stubbed out implementation of this function and
get them all at once.

> If yes, what would be the appropriate location for that new function?
> How about corefile.c?

Sounds fine to me.  Probably libbfd.h for the prototype.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC