Re: --nfp configure option still alive?

On Friday 30 September 2005 10:50 am, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Lior,
>
> > is the --nfp configure option still alive for targets which do not
> > have an fpu or we can omit this option also for targets without fpu?
>
> The answer is probably "no", but in order to be sure, can say for which
> target you want to configure without fpu support ?

i glanced through the binutils sources recently and couldnt actually find
anywhere that the option was utilized ...

--nfp sets the 'with_fp' variable to 'no' in all the configure scripts, but
'with_fp' doesnt seem to be checked at any point

ive been doing softfloat arm recently and havent had to do anything different
with binutils to have it work properly compared to hardfloat arm ...
-mike