Re: objcopy .o to .obj

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

> the mangling schemes differ.

Thanks for your answer Christopher.
However I have another question regarding the mangling schemes: since objcopy knows both formats, couldn't he convert back the cygwin mangled names to something more... universal, and then apply the MS mangling scheme to produce OBJ with the MS format?

For instance doing an "nm -a" on objects from the same source.c (with debug info), I get something like, for Cygwin gcc
  00000000 T _just_an_example
and for MS obj
  00000000 T ?just_an_example@@...

Wouldn't it be possible to guess the MS name from the gcc name?
--
Sent from the Gnu - Binutils - Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/objcopy-.o-to-.obj-t351688.html#a989818