objcopy .o to .obj

>From Cygwin I'm trying to compile a few .c programs which .o objects are to be added to an existing microsoft vc++6 project (.obj).

While both gcc and vc generate Coff objects formats, there are subtle differences (name mangling, relocations) making impossible any linkage of these two kinds of objects.

I was hoping objcopy  (from binutils-2.13.90.0.18) could generate a .obj (vc) from a gcc (.o) object.
However objdump shows the same format for both files (pe-i386) and I'm confused on which relevant output format objcopy is to be fed on.

Question  Is it possible to proceed this objcopy from a .o to a .obj?

Thank you.
--
Sent from the Gnu - Binutils - Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/objcopy-.o-to-.obj-t351688.html#a973910