Re: binutils, bfd library, debug.h/c files and so on...

Hi !

During my search through the internet I wanted to
build up type information tree to be used in my own
application. I must say that internet is crowded with
many many different approaches to this one.

At this point I want to use perl (If I will have to
tell why, then it's longer story), and I've came
accross perl script called 'pstruct', however it did
not work correctly for me.

After this I've started digging deeper and find out
that stabs file which pstruct is parsing is actually
debug information and there are plenty other different
file format to save debug information.

Digging even deeper I've came accross
http://www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/cppreflection/docs/reflect.html
Reflection package for C++.
And find out that given package uses some source codes
from binutils (aout64.h, bucomm.c, bucomm.h, budbg.h,
debug.c, debug.h, demangle.h, filemode.c, filenames.h
, ieee.c, ieee.h, prdbg.c, rddbg.c, stab.h, stabs.c)

but from some older version.
Since developer were not in touch with you all the
change he made to binutils source codes are done by
himself and lost for binutils.

I want to revive this project and make it correctly.
What I want to achieve is:
- Ripping off completely debug information from files
compiled by gcc.

All the changes I will make to binutils source codes I
want you to pick up and approve into newer versions of
binutils.

Please don't give me high level bullshit about .NET
reflection, java...  I have studied them in forehead
and pretty much I'm informed about their behavior.

About the changes - so far I've found some problems
with putting debug.h to work from c++ and I know that
my predecessor have solved them already, also some
function prototypes are missing and so on.

Ok, but getting more into details is probably not
intrested to anyone - I have explained here some
basics.