Re: forward references in equates

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:42:05PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> and that it should do so regardless of the
> forwardness or backwardness of the references involved, and that snarfing
> the text of the expression and re-evaluating it when any of the involved
> symbols is redefined is the way to go.

Yes, I too think that forward references shouldn't be treated
differently to backward references.  The fact that masm treats them
differently says to me that its behaviour is just an accident of
implementation.  (Ditto for current gas behaviour, of course.)

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre