Re: DT_NEEDED entries for libraries not on the command line.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 07:17:39PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> Under what conditions does it add a DT_NEEDED from the
> DT_NEEDED of an other lib?  Would things break if it
> didn't do that?  Maybe a short example can help me
> understand this?

If you reference the library's exports, you have a direct dependence on
it.  We don't know whether the interface of libfoo.so is intended to
re-export all the functionality of libbar.so that it uses, or whether
the DT_NEEDED of libbar.so is an implementation detail and subject to
vanish in a new version of libfoo.so.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC