Re: Address assignment

:) thats my line ( just out of curiosity)....I am implementing  a
memory management scheme but which is decided at compile time. The
contents of the devices are changed at specific points in the program,
like caching. So the address of a variable keeps changing. So the way
I have thought of handling this is have one variable for each address
a particular variable can take. And so i need a way to assign address
to the variable. IHope this makes sense. I can refer you to the paper
that I am using if you would like.
            All your suggestions have been helpful. I am trying to
figure out how to use overlays, so that I can do an address assignent
for functions. One or more function can take the same address  but
their addresses may not be totally same, just partial overlap.

Shrey