Re: assembler man pages ?

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

But this is a huge job with, frankly, a relatively minimal payoff. I wouldn't be inclined to work on it myself.

I tend to agree. In addition to being a huge job, it seems to me that it has the potential to introduce errors into the material. This would leave us in the position of having to go back to the manufacturer's manuals for the definitive answer to any questions we would have. So you would have done a lot of work but not eliminated the need for the manufacturer's manuals. Or worse one might write buggy code based on buggy on-line documentation and then really wonder what was happening as the chip was not behaving as the on-line documentation said it should.

David Daney