Re: assembler man pages ?

> for example, say i wanted quick info on the 'jne' instruction, i
> would do `man jne` and get back a reference page similar to `man 2
> close`

Binutils supports a *lot* of different chips.  Which one are you
referring to?  Do you *really* think it's worth our time to reproduce
a lot of documentation that the chip manufacturers already publish?
If you want to know what the JNE instruction does, find the chip's
programming manual and figure it out.  For the M32C/80, for example,
e32c80sm.pdf documents JNE as "jump on condition, not equal" on page
92.