Re: ralocation entries and relaxation questions.

Hi,

On 8/11/05, Ravi Ramaseshan <ramaseshan.ravi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not understand your reason for not doing it at the assembly stage
> itself. Why should the existence of branches between 'br .l1' and
> '.l1:'. matter ? I think this sort of a relaxation could definitely be
> done in the assembler itself and need not be pushed to the linker.

Ah, I can answer that one myself! If there existed external branches
in between then that branch (which could not get relaxed at assemble
time) would possibly miss out on a relaxation opportunity if some of
the external branches were relaxed at link time.

--
Ravi Ramaseshan
http://www.geocities.com/ramaseshan_ravi/

" Reality is only something we believe in strongly. "