Re: cvs issues with .info files...

Daniel Jacobowitz dixit:

>You just broke snapshots and release tarballs - they'll no longer have
>info files in them, since they get prepared with distclean.  The things
>that need to work are:
>
> - Ship tarballs with info files.

Uh, why?

You could probably do that by a tarball-local target or something.
Still, I think it's stupid.

> - Be able to run "make" without modifying the source directory, which
>   might be readonly.

Which _is_ readonly for several people.

> - Don't fall over if the tools to generate info files are missing.

makeinfo is the only tool I think.

As for binutils - "all" does not include "info" anyway.

>But have you read the comments in automake describing
>the problems with building info files in the build directory?

No, I've only tried to figure out - by reading the source
of (an installed) automake - how to get that damn thing right.
Without knowing perl.

bye,
//mirabile
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt