Re: Compiling, --target question...

On 7/4/05, Andrew McCall <andrew.mccall@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently trying to set up a build environment for Haiku (was
> OpenBeOS) under Linux on PowerPC hardware so I can start porting to
> some systems I have.  Someone has already written a howto on how to
> compile Haiku on Linux which can be read here:
>
> There is a PowerPC version of BeOS, however this uses the PEF file
> format.  If I was building a PowerPC version of Haiku I would want to
> use ELF as backward compatibility isn't really an issue.
>
> What do I need to do to be able to use a target command like
> --target=ppc32-pc-beos, or --target=ppc32-pc-haiku so it will build
> for PowerPC CPU's for BeOS using ELF?

Hi Again,

I think I have worked out my question, but before I go an do some work
can someone answer me:

As the target powerpc-*-beos already exists making coff's do I need to
create a new platform powerpc-*-haiku that will make elf's, or is
there anyway to specify that -powerpc-*-beos can produce elf's too?

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall
andrew.mccall@gmail.com