Re: Update autoconf in binutils and ld directories and import ylwrap

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 04:00:19PM +1200, John Marshall wrote:
> On May 18, 2005, at 1:42, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >I'm presuming you have some non-GNU make handy to test with.
>
> Actually no, I'm just really pedantic and proofread your patch :-)
>
> But my Linux box does have something called pmake lying around, which
> claims to be 4.4 BSD make.  And it does indeed have the limited-$<
> "feature".
>
> >Could you try the attached?  Part of this will be necessary for 2.16.1.
>
> Previously it didn't work with pmake (the grep wound up reading from
> stdin).  With the attached patch, pmake produces the expected results,
> and I see you've checked it in.  Great.

Thanks very much for checking.

> I noticed that while ld/ld.1 and gas/doc/as.1 depend on their
> respective foo-ver.texi files, the various binutils/doc/*.1 do not
> depend on binutils/doc/config.texi.  This may or may not actually be a
> problem.

It isn't actually a problem.  Well, it sort of is, and sort of isn't,
and sort of is symptomatic of a much deeper problem.  But basically, if
you edit that, you're out on your own as far as the dependencies are
concerned; it just isn't worth the effort to make sure they're right.
I believe there are no parallel make goofs there.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC