RE: PATCH: Speed up ELF section merge

----Original Message----

  I will look at it over the weekend (if I can get --enable-targets=all
working on cygwin....).

  Do you think it would be a reasonable approach to define a global flag
variable for the entire bfd library that indicates minimal memory usage is
desired, and a function such as bfd_set_memory_usage_policy() to set it?  It
would allow us to make other functions small-memory friendly as we went
along, without changing any existing behaviour.

  The only other approach I can think of immediately would be to pass a
parameter all the way down from the bfd_XXX interface function until it
arrives at sec_merge_init, but that seems like a long way down the call
stack to me, so I think it's probably not the right approach.

    cheers,
      DaveK