Re: PATCH: Minor ELF32/ia64 cleanup

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 09:41, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> This patch results in 64 bit relocations in the 32-bit toolchain, will
> this patch break that functionality?  I have been using the HP linker on
> IA64 HP-UX but I do build binutils to get gas and the other utilities
> (readelf, etc).

H.J.'s patch should only affect the linker, and you aren't using GNU
ld.  You only use GNU as.  I would be surprised if it breaks anything
you depend upon.

The 32-bit support has never worked in GNU ld.  H.J.'s patch brings us
closer to having a working 32-bit linker, but it probably isn't
completely right yet.  There is also the matter that we will need some
HPUX specific support too if we want it to work on ia64-hpux, similar to
what is already in the PA linker.