Re: Binutils 2.15.97 available

Hi Etienne,

  I have s strange problem with this version, but 2.15 works.
  Do you know what
Error: `dataPS2' can't be equated to common symbol
  means?

It is an error message from the assembler. Try compiling with the "-c" and "--save-temps" flags and then locate the line in the assembler source file where the error is flagged. Presumably it will relate to this line in your source code:

asm volatile (" dataPS2 = %c0 ": : "i" (&MOUSE.data.PS2));

You didn't say, but I assume that you are compiling for an x86 target ?

My guess is that the assembler is no longer support the syntax you are using to assign a value to the "dataPS2" symbol. Perhaps you need to change the above asm() statement to use the .set pseudo operator ?