This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem with assembler while building cross-compiler
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "Ioannis E. Venetis" <iev at hpclab dot ceid dot upatras dot gr>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:24:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem with assembler while building cross-compiler
- References: <426672EE.email@example.com>
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 06:19:10PM +0300, Ioannis E. Venetis wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to build a cross-compiler on a Linux Pentium machine
> (i686-pc-linux-gnu) for a target alphaev68-dec-osf5.1b
> During configuration, I got a message saying that this configuration is
> not supported for gas and ld. However, after the configuration finished,
> I entered the directories 'gas' and 'ld' and entered the same command as
> above. Configuration finished successfully for both of them.
> Then I entered `make` in the top-level directory and the utilities were
> build. I entered again the directories 'gas' and 'ld', entered 'make' in
> both of them and these utilities were also build correctly.
Perhaps this should have tipped you off? The top level configure file
wouldn't just tell you the configuration was unsupported on a whim;
it's an unsupported configuration because it doesn't work. gas and ld
do not have support for alpha*-dec-osf*.