This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ELF: make .struct interact with .previous
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- Cc: hjl at lucon dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:30:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ELF: make .struct interact with .previous
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 00:57, Jan Beulich wrote:
* gas/elf/struct.s: Adjust to not get into alignment issues.
* gas/elf/struct.d: Adjust for the above and the test's name.
.short auto-aligns on IA-64, as it does for some other targets also, so
if you want a predictable address, you need to align before emitting the
Yes, this looks like the right fix to me. Thanks.
Has this patch been checked in?
Not yet - it is my understanding that it still needs approval from a general maintainer, as this is general (or to be precise, ELF-specific) code.
In which case please consider this patch approved. :-)