This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ELF: make .struct interact with .previous
- From: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- Cc: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au, "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>,Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:12:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ELF: make .struct interact with .previous
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 00:57, Jan Beulich wrote:
> * gas/elf/struct.s: Adjust to not get into alignment issues.
> * gas/elf/struct.d: Adjust for the above and the test's name.
.short auto-aligns on IA-64, as it does for some other targets also, so
if you want a predictable address, you need to align before emitting the
Yes, this looks like the right fix to me. Thanks.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com