Re: objcopy fails silently with an empty input file

Hi Shaun,

Sorry, Nick . I wasn't clear. The use case I posted was the behaviour
that I desired, which I get with the patch I posted. With your patch,
I see the same behaviour as you do. To clear things up, I would like
"empty input file" to be a warning, not an error, particularly when
the input BFD is 'binary'.

Ah - unfortunately I do not think that this is a good idea. The input file could be empty for a variety of reasons - it could be a device, a pipe, or some other kind of system file, instead of just an ordinary, zero-sized file.

Besides - what is the value in creating an output file from an empty input file ? What possible use can this output file have ?