Re: macro behavior

"Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@novell.com> writes:

> I'm having two issue with dealing with macro parameters:
>
> (1) If I want to append a constant suffix to the expanded string, I
> see no way to do so in default mode; in .altmacro mode I am able to do
> so using the & macro operator:
[...]

I just tripped over this myself.  I would suggest the following
shell-like notation in default mode:

        .macro m sym
        .equiv \{sym}_, 1
        .endm

This can't break anything else, because "{" is not currently an
acceptable name for a macro parameter.  I don't currently have time to
implement it though.

zw