This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Remove parameter names from libiberty.h
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: schlie at comcast dot net (Paul Schlie)
- Cc: ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu (Kaveh R. Ghazi), binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, amodra at bigpond dot net dot au, dj at redhat dot com, ian at airs dot com (Ian Lance Taylor)
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:17:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Remove parameter names from libiberty.h
> > Kaveh R. Ghazi writes:
> > As noted here:
> > http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-04/msg00269.html
> > The new f*open_unlocked function prototypes in libiberty.h are in
> > conflict with binutils sources because one of the parameter names
> > ("mode") gets defined to "31" and the build dies.
> Why not alternatively fix the real problem (as you had noted), as opposed to
> indirectly establishing the policy that libiberty prototypes don't include
> parameter names (as it doesn't seem like the true solution to the problem).
I don't know why I am replying to you but ...
Anyways there is no other way to fix the problem correctly. If we change
the parameter name, someone else might have defined it so we get into