This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Why no expressions in MEMORY command?
- From: Charles Manning <manningc2 at actrix dot gen dot nz>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:41:19 +1200
- Subject: Why no expressions in MEMORY command?
- Reply-to: manningc2 at actrix dot gen dot nz
It seems you can only use hard-coded values in a MEMORY command.
Why can't you use scripts ike:
EXT_RAM_START = ...
EXT_RAM_SIZE = ......
ext_ram: ORIGIN = EXT_RAM_START, LENGTH = EXT_RAM_SIZE
This can make things a lot easier...