This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Relocation question (was: RE: Unsupported targets slated for removal)
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Christian Groessler <chris at groessler dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: 07 Apr 2005 11:58:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: Relocation question (was: RE: Unsupported targets slated for removal)
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Christian Groessler <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I find it more informative if the symbol name appears in the relocation,
> but probaby other prefer the optimized version.
> Makes it sense to make the tc_fix_adjustable return value user selectable?
> Of course, only in cases where it doesn't matter technically.
> I would implement a command line parameter to do this, and also modify the
> other targets.
I don't think that option would be particularly useful. I can't
imagine why any ordinary user would ever want to set it, and I don't
see that it helps for debugging or anything.