Re: Question!

Hi NK,

I have question regarding LD, I have modified the SEARCH_DIR path in
the ld using --with-lib-path during configuration. I want ld to look
into new path for libraries I have specified.

Interestingly it is going into /usr/bin and accessing libc.so from
there.. and because I have modified the SEARCH_DIR so it is not going
into /lib and unable to find ld-linux.so.2, but going in /usr/lib;
this is something I don't want.

So my question is even if I have modified the SEARCH_DIR in ld why it
is going into /usr/lib (path is not there)? Is there a way to prevent
that... or it is hard coded somewhere in the code. I have all libc .so
in path I have specified also, but not picking from there...

You may well have encountered a bug in the linker. The --with-lib-path configure switch is supposed to control where the linker will look for libraries.

If you can reproduce this problem using the latest sources in the binutils CVS repository then please submit a bug report, including a small working example of the problem, via the binutils bugzilla system at:

http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/