This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch] was: MIPS assembler no longer "combines symbols in different segments"...
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Maciej W. Rozycki'" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- Cc: "'Daniel Jacobowitz'" <drow at false dot org>,"'David Daney'" <ddaney at avtrex dot com>,<binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:00:44 -0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch] was: MIPS assembler no longer "combines symbols in different segments"...
>From: macro On Behalf Of Maciej W. Rozycki
>Sent: 28 February 2005 16:30
> Old .o files still work and will work for the foreseeable future as BFD
> still supports these relocations and it's not going to be changed -- have
> you actually looked at the comment I've referred to. It's gas support
> that we discuss and that means it only affects source code.
Oops, pardon me, I wasn't following quite closely enough. That of course
invalidates any concern I would have had. Retaining the support in bfd but
changing the upper layers of the toolchain to not generate such relocs is of
course exactly the sort of approach I accepted as reasonable!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....