This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: adding new instruction
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: "aram bharathi" <arambharathi at linuxmail dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: 12 Feb 2005 21:06:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: adding new instruction
- References: <20050212104637.CC80F2B2B86@ws5-7.us4.outblaze.com>
"aram bharathi" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> i like to add a new instruction based on thumb ISA. i have added the instruction in both as and gcc. both of them are working correctly. but when i call ld it shows an error like
> /home/.../arm-elf-ld : /home/../arm-elf/lib/libc.a(printf.o)(printf): warning : interworking not enabled
> first occurance : /tmp/cc00zhyh.o : thumb call to arm
> /tmp//cc00zhyh.o(.text+0x4e>: In function 'main'
> new.c:internal error: dangerous error
> whether i have to change anything in the ld. i have searched for the ld source file but i counldnt get one in the ld folder. which file has to modified first and what kind of changes are needed.
The source code for that error is in the bfd directory. In general,
if you want to link ARM and Thumb code together, you should compile
all your code with the -mthumb-interwork option. See the