Re: PATCH: Tweaks to ARM SymbianOS configuration

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

! /* SymbianOS uses this symbol. */

Should these changes by in a Symbian-specific file, or are they really
applicable to all BPABI targets?

I inentionally punted on that issue because Symbian has raised that issue for discussion by the ARM ABI group. The BPABI doesn't presently specify these symbols, but Symbian is requesting that it should. ARM's toolchain generates these symbols, which is why SymbianOS depends on them; it's very likely that other BPABI platforms (PalmOS) do, but I have no direct evidence one way or the other.

Also, there's a ton of stuff in that linker script that's just copied from generic GNU ELF, but really need not be there on BPABI platforms. I'm not sure exactly how to handle that; we could aggressively rip it out, but then we might rip out too much. I can't quite decide whether it's better to be like the generic ELF configuration (so that it's easy to add things in both places) or better to be minimal (so that it's easy to understand the BPABI script).

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC