Re: Broken SH2a patches

Hi Andrew,

There appears to be another mistake in the inheritance. The SH4 descends
from the SH2A-nofpu which can't be right.

Here is a corrected tree:

Thanks - I have put that into the latest patch (attached) along with a fix for the other problem you spotted (arch_sh2a_nofpu_or_sh4_nommu_nofpu being the same as arch_sh2a_nofpu_or_sh3_nommu). Otherwise this patch is the same as the previous one with a suitably amended arch_expected.txt for the GAS tests.

> Do you think it worth bothering with any new scheme?

Personally yes - but only if:

a) Someone is willing to put the effort into developing it. I do not think that it will be a trivial programming exercise and I am not volunteering, at least not right now.

b) There are more SH variants to come. A bit of crystal ball gazing is required for this one, but presumably it is quite likely that the SH line will continue to be developed.