Re: PATCH: Ignore --disable-static in libiberty

> Did you mean if David had no problems with

> I could apply it?

No, I mean I don't want to see another patch unless you both agree
it's the right one.  Between the two of you it seems you have the
worst case scenearios, so you should be able to fully test any set of
patches before they're officially submitted.

> > Go to libiberty, remove mkstemps.o, and type "make".
>
> That is what you get with libtool. The same thing happens in bfd. You
> have to remove mkstemps.lo to recompile mkstemps.c.

Did you try it?  It *does* rebuild, that's not the problem.  The
problem is that it tries to build .libs/libiberty.a but many (but not
all) of the files therein are missing.

I'm not pointing out the .o/.lo thing, just using that as a way to
trigger a rebuild of libiberty.a so you can see that .libs is missing
about 90% of the objects.