This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
.arch CPU_TYPE for 2.4GHz Celeron ?
- From: NetSec Fw <netsecfw at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:42:34 +0530
- Subject: .arch CPU_TYPE for 2.4GHz Celeron ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: NetSec Fw <netsecfw at gmail dot com>
I would like to specify CPU_TYPE for 2.4GHz Celeron processor,
in the assembly code.
Which "one" of the following choices should be used ?
What is the difference between 'i586' and 'i686' types?
Thanks in advance.
Ps. I had posted this earlier to kernelnewbies list. However, I didnot
get any answers.