This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Factor configure-time gcc version checks (patch 1/4 for PR 7305)
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:35:54 +0000
- Subject: Factor configure-time gcc version checks (patch 1/4 for PR 7305)
- References: <email@example.com>
Richard Sandiford writes:
> So... the four patches are as follows:
> (1) Provide a config/gcc-version.m4 fragment to work out
> $gcc_version_trigger, $gcc_version_full and $gcc_version.
> (2) Remove config.if.
> (3) Provide a config/gxx-include-dir.m4 fragment and use it
> in the top-level configuration file.
> (4) The main libjava patch.
> Part (1) is attached below. The logic used in the new autoconf fragment
> is mostly taken from config.if.
> Patch bootstrapped & regression tested (on its own) on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> I also checked that:
> - The top-level configure gets the right version and version trigger.
> - The top-level makefile still passes --with-gcc-version-trigger
> down to subconfigures.
> - The subconfigures correctly read --with-gcc-version-trigger
> and record the right version number.
> - There's no change in the version numbers for installed paths.
> OK to install?
Fine by me.