This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Factor configure-time gcc version checks (patch 1/4 for PR7305)
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:06:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: Factor configure-time gcc version checks (patch 1/4 for PR7305)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> writes:
> I think this is a fine idea (though I cannot approve it) and I would
> like to encourage you also to break the version number proper and the
> date stamp out of gcc/version.c.
Yeah, a separate version file is probably a good idea, but I'm afraid
it's not something I'm likely to tackle myself, sorry.