This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Put SHT_GROUP sections first.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:02:58 +1030
- Subject: Re: [patch] Put SHT_GROUP sections first.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 05:02:37PM +0000, Paul Brook wrote:
> ELF sections of type SHT_GROUP must be placed in the section header table
> before sections that are members of the group they describe.
That's true according to the ELF gABI. However, as HJ said, ld can
handle them in any order. Patch OK.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre