This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
GNU DWARF augmentation authority
- From: David Mosberger <davidm at napali dot hpl dot hp dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:23:53 -0800
- Subject: GNU DWARF augmentation authority
- Reply-to: davidm at hpl dot hp dot com
Who (or what) is the authority that can bless extensions to the format
of the CIE augmentation string which appear in the .eh_frame sections?
I'm asking since I'm working on two extensions: one to enable the
marking of special frames (such as signal-frames, see ) and one to
better support dynamic code generators. It would be nice if these
extensions could be blessed "officially", so that we don't run the
risk of ending up with conflicting extensions. Just to be clear, in
both cases the extensions are backwards-compatible in the sense that
an unwinder who doesn't know about the extensions can simply ignore
them and it won't work any worse than without the extension (and of
course, for extension-aware unwinders can work better).