This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] inconsistent DWARF2 sections generated by --gdwarf2
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Bob Wilson <bwilson at tensilica dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:01:17 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] inconsistent DWARF2 sections generated by --gdwarf2
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 11:27:13AM -0800, Bob Wilson wrote:
> probably harmless for GDB, but it breaks readelf, which expects a
> one-to-one correspondence between .debug_info and .debug_line sections.
I would say that this is a readelf bug. The only reason that readelf
needs .debug_info when dumping .debug_line is to find the size of
addresses. readelf could guess that some other way.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre