This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Dejagnu: use -isystem to include system header files.
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, newlib at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:46:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: Dejagnu: use -isystem to include system header files.
- Organization: GNU
Nick Clifton wrote:
I am going to check in the attached patch which imports a fix from
the mainline dejagnu sources. This fix is to use the -isystem
switch to include system header files rather than -I. This fixes
several unexpected failures in the GCC and G++ testsuites where the
newlib system header file <limits.h> is included in strict ANSI
mode, and the compiler barfs on the #include_next directive.
Unfortunately this patch causes regressions on the gcc builtins tests.
These tests rely on detecting newlib by looking for the definition of
_NEWLIB_VERSION being added by including limits.h; but the change in the
search order means that we now pick up a dummy version of newlib.h from
the gcc include directory.
With your patch the search path has now become
Whereas previously the gcc/include directory came later in the search.