This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] some x86 instructions tagged with incorrect CPU type
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:05:00 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] some x86 instructions tagged with incorrect CPU type
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 11:20:37AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Various instructions where not tagged with the right required feature
> identifiers, and some CPUs had by default features enabled which they
> always provide. This tries to rectify this. Additionally, it provides
> ability to add certain feature groups to the user selected CPU (i.e.
> instructions with a Pentium CPU).
HJ, would you please review this patch? I figure you have more of a
vested interest in x86 these days than I do..
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre