This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
objcopy --set-section-flags .data=alloc,load,data,share
- From: <peter dot kourzanov at xs4all dot nl>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:25:49 +0100
- Subject: objcopy --set-section-flags .data=alloc,load,data,share
- References: <email@example.com>
I've got a question about semantics of the "share" section flag
in objcopy. It seems not be documented anywhere and all links I
could google up refer to COFF binaries, with unexplained semantics
as well. Is there a possibility to mark a "shared" section in ELF,
so that OS's that need it can map the section as shared?
I did try the invokation mentioned in the subject, it seems to
have no effect on the binary.