This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: the problem : assign the section's order in shared library based on mips platform
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: eagle_zhou at ali dot com dot tw
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 10 Nov 2004 23:39:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: the problem : assign the section's order in shared library based on mips platform
- References: <OF9C27E785.E33F1CE0-ON48256F49.0016A2E8@LocalDomain>
> I want to take out the continuous part i care(only include
> .text/.data/.bss/..) from the shared library,
> and discard the those part i don't care ( dynsym/dynstr/dynamic/hash/...).
You may not care about those sections, but the dynamic linker
certainly does. You can't remove those sections and expect the
program to continue to run on a Unix-like system, unless you write
your own dynamic linker which operates on some different principle.