This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Fix typo in elf32-arm.c
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, dan at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:07:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix typo in elf32-arm.c
- Organization: GNU
- References: <200411091654.iA9Gs0c8027630@sirius.codesourcery.com>
On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 16:54, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Dan Jacobowitz says that I have introduced a warning in elf32-arm.c,
> at least when being compiled with newer compilers, due to an incorrect
> declaration of elf32_arm_symbian_begin_write_processing. (I declared
> it to take a bfd_boolean as its second parameter, even though that it
> is clearly incorrect.) While fixing that, I also eliminated the K&R
> declarations I had introduced, now that I understand that binutils is
> OK with ANSI declarations.
> I took the liberty of checking in this patch. Was that inappropriate?
> In GCC, this check-in would be OK under the "obvious" rule, but I'm
> not sure what the binutils rules are.
I understand that there are similar 'obvious' rules in binutils.
In this case the patch is fine anyway.