This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Accumulation of similar size data items to reduce ROM space.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Nitin Yewale <NitinY at KPITCummins dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:53:47 +1030
- Subject: Re: Accumulation of similar size data items to reduce ROM space.
- References: <4A1BE23A7B777442B60F4B4916AE0F13035A6A98@sohm.kpit.com>
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:07:27PM +0530, Nitin Yewale wrote:
> We would like to put all similar size variables into one section. How can we
> automate this in compiler?
By providing a suitable select_section function in gcc. See
TARGET_ASM_SELECT_SECTION and varasm.c
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre