This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: short displacement in AT&T syntax
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "Thomas R. Dean" <deantr at cogeco dot ca>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:16:34 +1030
- Subject: Re: short displacement in AT&T syntax
- References: <41901A8D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:17:01PM -0500, Thomas R. Dean wrote:
> And you will get an error if the displacement does not fit. The gnu
> assembler seems to be able to optimize jumps automatically (you have
> to use "jmp short label" manually to get the same optimization in MASM). Is
> there an option or directive that will optimize the displacements as well?
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre