This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MEMORY commands in link scripts
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: jbeniston at compxs dot com
- Cc: 'Dave Korn' <dk at artimi dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:49:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: MEMORY commands in link scripts
- References: <001001c4c33b$12da7510$0bbda8c0@Kindrogan>
I still think it might be useful have ORIGIN() and LENGTH() functions. If I
were to create a patch to implement this, is it likely to be accepted?
Yes, provided that a) it worked, b) it was tested and c) you had a
copyright assignment on file with the FSF.
>Would overloading the ADDR() and SIZEOF() functions be more approriate?
No, definitely not. Keep things simple. :-)