This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Gas is broken for x86-64
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- Cc: hjl at lucon dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:08:07 +1030
- Subject: Re: Gas is broken for x86-64
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 09:20:22AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> I would think your patch should have added both suffix-less movsb and
> movzb, or neither.
No. movsb is a string move instruction. movzb is an abbreviation of
movzbl or movzbw depending on data size.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre