This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Mixing 32-bit and 64-bit DWARF2/3 sections
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mark Kettenis <kettenis at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, echristo at redhat dot com,seufer at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:31:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: Mixing 32-bit and 64-bit DWARF2/3 sections
- References: <200411071428.iA7ES7Fx003013@elgar.sibelius.xs4all.nl>
On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 03:28:07PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Currently GDB barfs when you use it on an executable that contains
> compilation units that mix 32-bit and 64-bit DWARF sections. Looking
> at the (latest?) DWARF3 draft it doesn't seem to be unreasonable that
> it does so:
> "The 32-bit and 64-bit DWARF format conventions must not be
> intermixed within a single compilation unit."
I'd read that as saying that GDB should support what you describe.
This isn't mixing them within a single compilation unit. What falls