This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Reduce size of SymbianOS DLLs
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:24:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Reduce size of SymbianOS DLLs
- Organization: GNU
- References: <200411012110.iA1LAk42008211@sirius.codesourcery.com>
On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 21:10, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> The linker believed that SymbianOS BPABI DLLs were demand-paged, which
> meant that it wanted to align segments on page-size boundaries.
> However, all BPABI DLLs are post-processed before becoming something
> that can actually be executed, so this is just wasted space in the
> file. I realized that when D_PAGED is clear, the linker will not try
> to map the program headers, which means that some special-case code I
> added for SymbianOS can be removed.