This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Re: [PATCH] MAXQ port binutils-2_15
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Inderpreet Singh Baweja <Inderpreet dot Baweja at noida dot hcltech dot com>
- Cc: ramana dot r at gmail dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:34:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: Re: [PATCH] MAXQ port binutils-2_15
- References: <33BC33A9E76474479B76AD0DE8A169728DDF@exch-ntd.nec.noida.hcltech.com>
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:01:01AM +0530, Inderpreet Singh Baweja wrote:
> Hi Raman,
> I am sorry about specifying the wrong version for the port.
> This port is for Binutils v2.15.
> The sources for the Patch is taken from the mainline.
> You can check them out using tag 'binutils-2_15'
> cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/src co -r
> binutils-2_15 binutils
I am not sure if it is a good idea to add a new port to the release
branch. I understand that the release branch is more stable than
the mainline, which also means it may be quite different from mainline
and a patch based on the release branch may not work on mainline. On
the other hand, I have been trying to make the mainline as stable
as I can. I have been making the Linux binutils releases off the
mainline, which should be as stable as the release branch, if not
better, at least on Linux.